Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

processor comparison for TV tuner card purchase

idata
Employee

Due to my D100 DirecTV receiver pooping out I purchased a DirecTV HD receiver from Best Buy (does not record). It has HDMI, component, s-video, and composite outputs. Lacking is an F-connector output now. When I purchased my Dell XPS Gen5 Windows XP MCE 2005 desktop in 2005 it included an Emuzed TVT3 TV tuner card. It only has an F-connector and s-video inputs including audio inputs. Sometimes I record an old movie or want to record a TV show. I've extended my desktop onto a CRT TV and I use it as a monitor to replay what I may have recorded. However, the quality of the recording via Media Center is poor. I have located a TV tuner card made by AVerMedia AVerTV HD DVR MTVHDDVRR PCI-Express x1 Interface which shows two HDMI connectors. I am aware of the HDMI recording restrictions. At my age I have no interest in recording and/or bootlegging movies. I only want to improve the video of what I may legally record and watch at a latter time. I can't determine from the poor description if they are two inputs or one in and one out. The description specifies system requirements which notes Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz or equivalent AMD CPU. My processor is an Intel Pentium D 830 (3.0GHz) w/Dual Core Technology (whatever that is). I would appreciate knowing if my computer is capable of supporting this AVerMedia TV tuner card before purchasing? p.s. I read an article online regarding a KWorld TV tuner card with component video inputs but I can't locate where I could purchase one. Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL88S http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL88S Is the specs on the processor you mentioned. It is a dual core processor running at 3.0 gHz. All you have to do is Google these things, the same as I did. Google the video card you're looking for... it's there. The chip should be enough to run your movies, (or anything else you're interested in).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your reply. I can't read any specs on the processor. The processor has a large heat sink with a dual fan attached. Again, thanks. Bye.