Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

processor i5 all 4 cores same processing amount

MHarr20
Beginner

Hi all, hope you can help.

I have an i5 750@2.67GHz four cores. When I look up the status of the cores it shows that all 4 cores are running pretty much exactly the same processing amount.

I not sure that it supposed to do that. I cannot update the drivers with automated driver updater keeps failing.

Can someone please help me out, don't know what to do. It is affecting the processing of automated radio system.

I have attached a copy of status report.

Regards

Michael Harrington

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Looks like it is working correctly to me.

Close all apps, and show the CPU activity.

Also, download and run https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792 Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

And, you did not provide what OS you are running, and your computer/motherboard model number. If you are using Windows 10, you should note that your processor is not supported.

Doc

0 Kudos
MHarr20
Beginner

Hi Doc

I closed all programs and the attached is what I get.

Sorry forgot to mention:

Windows 10

Gigabyte P55-UD2

16gb Ram

Intel i5 750 @2.67GHz

I ran diagnostic and all passed but I didn't think that all cores would have operated at the same time at the same amount.

Regards

Michael Harrington

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The second chart is what I would expect from an idle state.

As I mentioned, your processor is not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Michael,

Your CPU usage looks healthy; however, I have to second on what Doc mentioned, your graphics controller does not support Windows® 10. The CPU usage may vary if the operating system is not supported, especially since there are no drivers that can manage the resources for the CPU, chipset and other components.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Michael, if you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos