Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

processor i9 9900k And high heat

habdu10
Beginner

good morning ...
I upgraded my therapist from i5 9600k to i9 9900k
I upgraded the cooling from the antenna to the water cooling.
But the situation has not changed in terms of cooling
When there is an effort like video editing software or video production scripts like ()
The temperature is higher than (86) I don't know this or an electric oven.
Processor temperature in medium use and less between (40) to (60)
Idle mode between (35) to ( 49)
device specifications :
CPUI : ntel® Core™ i9-9900K CPU @ 5.1GHz

Motherboard : Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6144 MB GDDR6

RAM : 2 X Corsair 8192 MB (DDR4-2137) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: CMW16GX4M2C3200C16

SSD: 1TB INTEL (Fixed, SSD - Bus: NVMe)

HDD:  1TB Seagate ST1000VM002-1SD102Power Supply

Cooling used:
https://www.gamemaxpc.com/product/showproduct.php?id=282
Cases used:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/iCUE-220T-RGB-Airflow-Tempered-Glass-Mid-Tower-Smart-Case/p/CC-9011173-WW
Fans counter in Cases: 7 Fans (Two fans in the front of the Case, to introduce air and other hot air exhaust fans)

I do not know the reason for the extremely high temperature that the high voltage on the processor.
Is this a problem with a processor i9 9900k  ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

habdu10, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your inquiry, just to let you know, the T-junction temperature of the Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor is 100°C as you can confirm in the link below, which means that any temperature below that value is considered normal and expected:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/186605/intel-core-i9-9900k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz.html

The main symptoms that you will notice when a Processor is getting overheated are that the PC will get freeze, it will start throttling and eventually, it will go off by itself, so as long as the PC is not showing any of those scenarios it should be working fine.

In order to make sure that the Intel® Processor is working fine, we can always run the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool, it does an overall test on the unit and if it passes the test it means it is working properly:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello habdu10, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
habdu10
Beginner

I am sorry for the delay I was traveling.
This is a picture showing its temperature after using the test and verification
And next to him the image of heat in the idle mode :
clueKSU
And another picture at the beginning of the work of the program :
gQNpdjH

I do not know the reason for the heat at high pressure on the processor?
I received a lot of criticism when I upgraded to a processor i9 9900k that it is bad and has a high temperature and its level of performance and uses the technique 14 nm which is old and does not fix anything forever. It was better to upgrade to AMD Rzyen processors and a lot of frustrating words to me. What improved me, my choice was not good
Is it true that 7 nm technology is better than 14 nm ?

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

habdu10, No problem at all, thank you very much for providing those pictures.

I can see here that the Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor passed the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool test which means the unit is working fine, at some point, it might reach the 100°C depending on the load of work.

In reference to your question, both 7 nm and 14 nm technology are pretty good and based on that there should not be any reason why the unit will get overheated.

Are you sure the fan is working properly and that there is no for example dust on it?

The case, does it have the proper airflow to avoid for the unit to get overheated?

Is the PC getting freeze, throttling or going off by itself?

By using the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, you will be able to monitor the temperature of the Intel® Processor to make sure it is working fine?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-?product=66427

Also, according to ASUS the Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor is supported from BIOS version 2203, so, we also recommend to get in contact directly with them to gather the information on how to update the BIOS to the latest version which is 2808:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-Z390-PLUS-GAMING-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
habdu10
Beginner
Hi brother Alberto The device does not get any freeze, throttling or going off by itself On the contrary, things are good at working the device, even in games, performance improved after the upgrade I do not know the reason for the criticism that I received due to the promotion. Some described me as stupid. I always get attacked when I recommend an Intel processor to build a Desktop According to what I searched on the Internet, the therapist is considered a monster, strong and sufficient for many years. I will update the Boise and inform you of developments
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

LOL! Big bad Intel is getting dissed? Nothing new here. This was the case even when Intel was kicking AMD's a.., um, posterior.

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi habdu10, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that your PC is not getting freeze, throttling or going off by itself, those are indicators that the Intel® Processor is working fine besides the fact that it passed the Intel® PDT test without any problems.

Now, in regard to comments, just like n_scott_pearson mentioned, there are always going to be criticism about different products, it happens with all the brands in the world, but in conclusion, even though the reviews are helpful most of the time, we recommend to test the device yourself directly, experience the way it works by yourself and then you will be able to determine if it actually has the optimal functionality or not, keep in mind that not everybody uses their computer for the same purposes and that makes a big difference.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello habdu10, Thank you very much for your comments.

It is all about perception, for some users the Intel® Processors are really good for games for some other users AMD processors are better and so on with all the applications or programs that are available in the market.

What is recommended is always to verify the game requirements or the application requirements to make sure your platform complies with those specifications. The performance of the computer not only depends on the Processor, there are also a lot of factors that come into play like for example, hard drive, memory RAM, video card, power supply, and all the rest of the components that you are able to install, those are very important in order to provide the proper functionality depending on the usage that you are going to give to the PC.

When using laptops, the customizations done by the manufacturer of it and the way they integrated the parts also play a huge role in the performance of the device, depending on which components they used to build the system.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos