Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

program intel extreme tuning utility value active core count 1 idle windows 10 and never does not fall to 0

IIvan47
Beginner

0 Kudos
27 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please explain your issue more clearly.​

0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

I use the program extreme tuning utility on windows 10 processor 7800x and before reinstalling on previous windows 10 value active core count it was always 0, Range 0-6 never climbed to 1 core, was always 0, 2 days ago I reinstalled windows 10 and installed again intel extreme tuning utility, and now value active core count always equal to 1 and never drops to 0 at idle running windows, I want the value active core count was equal to 0 as before, because it should be enough for idle windows.

0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

I use the program extreme tuning utility on windows 10 processor 7800x and before reinstalling on previous windows 10 value active core count it was always 0, Range 0-6 never climbed to 1 core, was always 0, 2 days ago I reinstalled windows 10 and installed again intel extreme tuning utility, and now value active core count always equal to 1 and never drops to 0 at idle running windows, I want the value active core count was equal to 0 as before, because it should be enough for idle windows.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, To better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your system configuration. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, Thank you for your response. Based on the description of the issue, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) is showing software activity that has not been stopped. In other words, background applications or critical system tasks may be executing. In this scenario, we recommend checking the following information: 1. Check if you have apps or tasks running in the background. Here you can try performing a clean boot in Windows* for testing purposes. How to perform a clean boot in Windows https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. 2. Are you running a default Intel® XTU profile? You can also check if you are running BIOS default values. 3. If the issue persists, try changing the Power Plan (e.g. Balanced). 4. If you have several devices connected to your computer, check if they are also causing this behavior. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

Hello WannerG,

I have fully complied with all your directives, the result is still 1 core of the processor involved and does not fall to 0

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, Thank you for your response. An active core count of 1 is expected behavior even if your computer is at idle. This may change depending on the load put on your system. However, the change you have reported could be related to a BIOS, operating system, or tool issue. 1. Try loading default values in BIOS. 2. After reinstalling the operating system, did you install the Intel® XTU version available at the Download Center or your manufacturer's website? If you installed the version we have available, you can try installing the version available at your manufacturer's website for testing purposes. Intel® XTU Version 6.5.0.9 https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X299-RAIDER#down-driver&Win10%2064 NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. 3. If this behavior persists please provide the following details: 1. Go to Task Manager and select the "Performance" tab. 2. Change the view to display all cores > Right-click inside the CPU graph, choose "Change graph to" and "Logical processors". 3. Please attach a picture of this information. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

Hello WannerG,

thanks for your reply

I have configured the BIOS default

downloaded the program from the site msi.com it does not start the screenshot is available

0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

utility is launched only from the official website of Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, Thank you for attaching the pictures requested. To launch the tool, try these steps: 1. Uninstall the tool from Apps and Features. 2. Install the tool. 3. Reboot the system after installation. Rebooting allows the drivers to register correctly and communicate with the software. 4. In Device Manager, make sure the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Service is installed. Stop and start the service to relaunch the product. If these installation and tool issues persists, please let us know. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

Hello WannerG,

I can't find a program in the device manager

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, You are right. Instead of going into Device Manager, please go to Windows Services Manager: 1. Right-click on your Start button to open the WinX Menu. 2. Select Run. 3. Type services.msc in it and hit Enter to open the Services Manager. 4. Make sure the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Service is installed. 5. Right-click on it. Stop and start it to relaunch the product. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

Hello WannerG,

Thanks for your answer. I carefully looked through all the services. There is no this program that I downloaded on the site msi.com

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, Thank you for your response. If you are still getting the error message while installing the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)'s Intel® XTU version, try installing the version available at our Download Center one more time. If the Active Core Count behavior persists, please let us know so that we can investigate it further. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

Hello WannerG.

Thanks for your answer.

installed the program from the official Intel site, and the situation is the same 1 active number of cores and does not go down to 0

0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, Thank you for the update. We will do research about this and get back to you soon. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos