Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

program intel extreme tuning utility value active core count 1 idle windows 10 and never does not fall to 0

IIvan47
Beginner

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, We have been testing Intel® XTU in different systems and the "Active Core Count" at idle is either "0" or "1". As it was mentioned before, this could be happening due to a BIOS, operating system, or tool behavior. It is worth noting that this behavior should not impact your system negatively. We will continue testing other systems and get back to you soon. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

Hello WannerG,

BIOS settings are set by default.

Active Core Count permanently equal to 1, such behavior of the active core can adversely affect the processor can damage it? I already got a FPS drawdown in games.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, First of all, please allow me to clarify that this behavior should not impact your system negatively. I have also edited the previous post to reflect this. Now, it is possible to see a "0" value in Active Core Count even on a system that appears to be at idle. To add more details to what we have been discussing, some threads can be completed by the processor in such a short amount of time that it does not yield significant processing time. Since the behavior described started right after a new operating system installation, this may shed light on the cause of this behavior since operating system updates could have been installed at the time that optimized internal operating system processes. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

Hello WannerG,

Thanks for your answer.

nothing else needs to be done, can we leave it as it is?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello IIvan47, Yes. we can conclude that having an Active Core Count or "0" or "1" is expected behavior due to operating system updates and optimizations. I hope you find this information helpful. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

Hello WannerG,

Thank you!

0 Kudos
IIvan47
Beginner

Thank you so much

0 Kudos