Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

q6600 testing

cturc
Beginner

i am having random reboots and i have been trying to cover all my bases my 4 core temps without any real load sit in the 90F-100F range i have within he last 6 months gotten a corsair h60 on sale and i cant tell if thats doing anything but thats another matter .... what i need to know is how to test and understand the results of whatever tests i can dso to see if my processor maybe the cause if trhe restarts .... yesterday i got a new psu from 520w to 750w and still the same i run hwmonitor constantly to watch temp on everything and such i used to also watch the windows performance readings those i understood basically but this may all be getting out of my realm ....

basically i need to cross off things that are not the cause ... what i am presently running with is

Motherboard XFX Nforce 680i LT (Socket 775)

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Optical Drive PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-215D SCS

HD1 WDC WD50 00AAKS-00A7B SCSI

HD2 WDC WD20 EURS-63S48Y0 SCSI

RAM 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)

Graphics Card XFX Nforce 680i LT (Socket 775)

and the current read outs are as follows during the time writing this and just speccy and HW monitor open plus webpages

core 0 96F

core 1 100F

core 2 93F

core 3 98F

graphics card 143F

HD 1 118F

HD 2 111F

cputin 109F

auxtin 116F

to be clear i will also be doing more research on the graphics card as well i have been getting these exact cards for like 100 a piece and this is the second after my original they seem to last about a year but i think that might have something to do with the underlined issue here and this random rebooting is a new addition to the same possibly

if anyone has any other information that could be of use in any regard of any of this i would be grateful

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

This kind of issue could be cause by memory, operating system, motherboard or the processor itself.

So what we can do is to narrow down the problem in order to find out which component or software is causing the system to reboots.

The temperature is perfectly ok, I thought the information given was on degrees Celcius instead of Fahrenheit.

Our recommendations will be:

• test one memory stick at the time.

• test a different memory stick.

• You may want to do a clean instalation of the operating system.

• Test another processor on the motherboard

• Test the processor on another motherboard.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

Try testing the system out of the chassis, with minimal configuration such as Motherboard, processor, power supply, 1 memory stick and video card, to find out which component is system to reboots.

The processor will send a signal to the motherboard to shut down to prevent mayor damage if the temperature is close to the 100 degrees Celsius. You processor is handling temperature around the 35 and 40 degrees Celsius, so it is perfectly find.

You may want to test the system with different RAM.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

This kind of issue could be cause by memory, operating system, motherboard or the processor itself.

So what we can do is to narrow down the problem in order to find out which component or software is causing the system to reboots.

The temperature is perfectly ok, I thought the information given was on degrees Celcius instead of Fahrenheit.

Our recommendations will be:

• test one memory stick at the time.

• test a different memory stick.

• You may want to do a clean instalation of the operating system.

• Test another processor on the motherboard

• Test the processor on another motherboard.

0 Kudos