Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

question about warranty

Siyy123
Beginner
I have a China boxed processor and all the information on the box and the processor are clear except the labels on the IHS which can not be read due to bad thermal grease damaging the surface of the IHS. The partial ATPO number and the 2D matrix on the pcb is clear and readable but the batch number on the processor is not clear. However, I can provide the batch number on the box and the box serial number. In that case is my processor still under warranty and can I submit a RMA request?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Siyy123

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In regards to your question, as per the Intel® Boxed Processors Three-Year Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions, when the "Markings are not visible", this could be considered physical damage. However, the best would be to contact Intel® Customer Support directly in your region so our team can check your case better and provide more accurate information regarding warranty availability.

In the following links, you may find additional information regarding warranty support:

Also, we would like to know if you are experiencing any technical issues with the processor that we may help with. If this is correct, could you please provide the processor full model (SKU), environment details (motherboard model, BIOS version, operating system, etc), and a detailed description of the issue and troubleshooting steps that you have tried?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Siyy123

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Siyy123

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos