Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

question on the I7 processor

idata
Employee

I have the option of getting an I7 720QM (1.6GHz,6mb,L3) with turbo boost or a 720QM (1.6GHZ,6m,L2 cache) but no other description if the second one has turbo boost. Does anyone know if the one with an L2 cache has turbo boost also? Thanks. I had ordered a customized pc with the L3 cache but what was shipped was the one with an L2 cache. I don't want to go thru the hassle of returning it with the one I got has most of the capability I was looking for. Thanks.

Carl

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

There is only one version of teh i7 720QM : http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=43122&code=Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+i7-720QM+Processor+%286M+Cache%2c+1.60+GHz%29

Therefore yours will have turbo boost

And it has both L3 and L2 cache.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information. I feel more comfortable with the pc I have received now. As I do not have any real technical understanding of the processor specs, pleases help me out with one more question. I went to the link you provided me that shows a lot of tech info on the I720QM. Is there any line item in that description that tells me anything about an L2 or L3 cache? Thanks.

0 Kudos