I can't get ITBM Ti work.

I installed ITBM(v1.0.0.1032). When I run the exe, I get the following error

"ITBM Driver Not Available

Exiting Application"

I'm using an i7-7820X CPU

on an Asrock Taichi X299

I'm running Windows 10.

I've tried reinstalling BIOS (1.90).

I've tried reinstalling ITBM using v1.0.0.1033.

I've also tried downloading it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0

When I run the ITBM exe, I get the same error

What else can I try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
17 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello FartyMcDie,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology issue that you have been experiencing in your system, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you with your inquiries. In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

As well please go ahead and uninstall the previous version of the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 driver/application before installing this version of the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 driver/application. Go to Windows* Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a Program and uninstall any previous version of Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JSchm10
Beginner

There's a chance I'm misunderstanding you, so I attached two system scans: One before and one after uninstalling TBM3.0.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
comp1969
Beginner

I'm having the same problem. Two things are occurring abnormally. First, my CPU is staying at 100% causing my machine to run very slowly. Second, I keep getting the pop-up message "ITBM Driver Not Available Exiting Application". I ran the System Support Utility and have attached the .txt report doc. Please help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FartyMcDie,

I was taking a look to your thread, and I wanted to confirm if you need further assistance?

Please do not hesitate on replying back so we can provide you with assistance regarding your issue.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FartyMcDie,

While performing research about your issue, I was able to find the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 OEM version, which is designed for the specific chipset and motherboard that you own:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X299%20Taichi/index.asp# Download https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X299%20Taichi/index.asp# Download

This version is customized for your system, apparently is a newer version than the generic ITBM that is posted in our website.

Please go ahead and test it so we can keep an eye on your case and assist you with more troubleshooting if you need it, we really hope to hear the outcome.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JSchm10
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

The link you gave me is the link from which I downloaded TBM originally. It has the same version I mentioned in my opening post.

I uninstalled TBM3 and reinstalled using the link you sent me just to be sure. When I run Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.exe, I get the same error: "ITBM Driver Not Available. Exiting Application"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FartyMcDie,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it.

While performing research about the error that you are experiencing I was able to find the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021587/processors.html

As you can see on the link above, there are 2 case scenarios where the error may pop up, and your issue seems to be related to the Case 1.

I understand that you tried reinstalling the BIOS of your machine,however, can you please make sure with your Motherboard manufacture if there is any sort of update or recovery that you can try in order to expose the device ID ACPI\INT3510 through your BIOS?

Best Regards,

Diego S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello –FartyMcDie,

I was taking a look to your thread, and I wanted to confirm if you need further assistance?

Please do not hesitate on replying back so we can provide you with assistance regarding your issue.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JSchm10
Beginner

I put your question (regarding device ID ACPI\INT3510) to the Asrock forums. See here: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8187&KW=&PID=48923&title=x299-taichi-itbm-driver-not-available# 48923 X299 Taichi, "ITBM Driver Not Available" - ASRock Forums (I updated the link 2018-04-03)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FartyMcDie,

Thank you for your response.

I was taking a look to the link that you posted on the thread; it seems that something went wrong due to the fact that the link it's only taking me to this same thread.

In this case as shared before the best option will be to make sure with your Motherboard manufacturer if there is an update or recovery (BIOS) that you can try in order to expose the device ID ACPI\INT3510.

As well we recommend contacting their support directly so they can try to replicate the issue that you are experiencing with their system (motherboard). They may provide software that is specifically configured for your system.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
JSchm10
Beginner

Whoops. Ok. I corrected and tested the link.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FartyMcDie

Thank you for your response.

In this case the best recommendation will be to contact directly the support from your motherboard manufacturer so they can try to replicate the issue with the same components from your system and their own version of the app in question.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

I have that problem on my Lenovo x220 when I was attempting to find a turbo boost 2 installer, even after uninstall the error persists

0 Kudos
KNice
Beginner

I too have been having a problem with ITBM. It was working up until I restarted the computer then it stopped working. I tried again and again to restart but still the same thing happens. I have tried reinstalling the chipset, updated the bios, and still get this error ITBM Driver Not Available error. I have Windows 7 64 bit, i9-7900x, and Asus Rog Strix X299-XE LGA 2066. With google it would seem this is an issue not with some but a lot of customers.

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

the i9-7900 is not designed for windows 7, your should upgrade to windows 10 and use that and problems will far fewer

0 Kudos
KNice
Beginner

Windows 10 is a joke. Forces you to update, alot of problems and have no privacy? Thanks but no thanks. Here's just a few reviews https://www.cnet.com/how-to/5-reasons-not-to-upgrade-to-windows-10/ Not to mention I never had a problem with either one until now (2 years of problems free and going). Bad enough Microsoft pushes Windows 10 on it's customers, now they are doing away with windows 7. And just stating a fact but this ITBM problem is hitting both Windows 7 and Windows 10 users. BTW I found the cause of my problem. I checked msconfig under General tab and it was on Selective startup, so I changed it to normal startup and restarted and there was no ! next to the driver anymore and everything is fine.

0 Kudos
Jalky
Beginner

Hi, 

This post is for the fix to: "ITBM Driver Not Available Exiting Application"

Short Answer:

1) Ensure Turbo Boost is on in Bios, this varies by Bios but for a EUFI BIOS:

Restart system > Press Delete or F2 > Advanced Tab > CPU Configuration > CPU Power Cpnrol > Turbo Boost > Enable

2) As ITBM is now native to windows, ITBM 3.0 should be uninstalled:

Windows Search Bar > Add or Remove Programs > Intel Turbo Boost Max > Uninstall > Restart

3) Remove junk files left in system folder (Where system drive is C:\, Adjust drive accordingly):

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Corporation > Delete (or move to another location) the Intel Turbo Boost file > Restart

4) Run Windows Update to see if drivers need to be installed (usually this will have already been installed prior to the ITBM error):

Windows Search Bar > Check for Updates > Check for Updates > Install if necessary

The error should no longer persist.

Long Answer:

Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 driver is now native in Windows* 10, meaning that Intel® is no longer providing it since it is included in the latest Windows® 10 x64 – RS5 Edition or later. There is no need to install any software (or driver) to get this technology running on the system. The operating system (OS) knows this feature of the processor and loads the native support as needed by taking advantage of power and thermal headroom.

For more information, please refer to this link: Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 >> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021587/processors.html

We recommend making sure you load BIOS defaults, have the latest Windows® updates, and then confirm that Intel® Turbo Boost is enabled in the BIOS.

Also, running a tool like Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) can monitor the processor's Intel® Turbo Boost Max 3.0 frequency. >> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

Since Intel® is no longer providing the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software, you may try to uninstall it from Windows® Apps & Features (or from Control Panel >> Programs and Features) following these steps:

1. From Windows® Apps & Features try uninstalling the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 3.0 software (or Intel TBMT 3.0 Control Panel).
  2. Also, from Windows® Device Manager under System Devices look for Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 driver, right-click and then click on Properties.
  3. Go to the Driver tab and click uninstall.
  4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
  5. Reboot and let Windows install the latest driver automatically

3) Remove junk files left in system folder (Where system drive is C:\, Adjust drive accordingly):

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Corporation > Delete (or move to another location) the Intel Turbo Boost file > Restart

4) Run Windows Update to see if drivers need to be installed (usually this will have already been installed prior to the ITBM error):

Windows Search Bar > Check for Updates > Check for Updates > Install if necessary

Happy Computing!

John K

0 Kudos