Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

"No supported driver or software updates are available for your system"

kalenen
Beginner

I have purchased a few new parts for my computer. i currently have a

Intel® Core™ i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz and a gigabyte H510M H motherboard with 16 gig ram.

i am trying to install the graphics drivers so i can get out of this 1024x768 hellhole and use the proper resolution but it wont let me. i ran the IDSA and i get the message "No supported driver or software updates are available for your system"

the cpu is supposed to be able to support 4k resolution yet i cant change resolution because i cant install any drivers.

i got a driver cd with my motheboard and tried to install the graphics driver using that. it said it didnt support my processor.

What is going on? its a motherboard that supports lga1200 10th gen intel core

i am using firefox as my browser, i tried running the IDSA with Edge explorer set as default. it just gave me an error and coult run the scan. i then set the Chrome to default and ran the IDSA, it gave me the same result the firefox browser did.  "No supported driver or software updates are available for your system"

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kalenen
Beginner

From my motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-H-rev-13/sp#sp

Onboard Graphics
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
  1. 1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
  2. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@30 Hz
    * Support for HDMI 1.4 version and HDCP 2.3.
(Graphics specifications may vary depending on CPU support.)"

"
CPU
LGA1200 package:
  1. 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 processors / Intel® Core™ i7 processors / Intel® Core™ i5 processors
  2. 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i9 processors / Intel® Core™ i7 processors / Intel® Core™ i5 processors / Intel® Core™ i3 processors/ Intel® Pentium® processors / Intel® Celeron® processors
  3. L3 cache varies with CPU"

i am plugged in with a HDMI cable, when i attempt to install the graphics drivers that came with my motherboard CD i get the message "This installation package is not supported by this processor type"

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

I checked the report, and if we should trust the info there, I can say the issue is simple and the solution as well...

The report shows your OS is the first Windows 10 release, a very old version from 2015. It is Build 10240, codename Threshold 1 (th1)

OS version.jpg

Older versions of Windows 10 are not supported by the latest graphics drivers from Intel. You just need to check the link here under "OS Reference:" https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Based upon that link, the minimum version supported is 1809 (which corresponds to Build 17763, codename Redstone 5). Check here general info about Win10 versions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history

So, the "unclear" error message that you're getting is not that the CPU is not supported by the driver, but that the OS is not supported by the driver. (this is one of the reasons I don't use "driver assistance tools for "first driver installations" since they usually lack specific-accurate-clear information about compatibility, root cause of errors, etc... Plus, when you are first installing an OS, you need to install first Chipset drivers/software from the mobo's website, and then manually download and install all the other drivers from its website, instead of relying (at least not the first driver install) on those messy tools).

I would say this OS old version is also the reason why you can't install the drivers from the H510M H motherboard's CD...

You need to update Windows to a supported version, (I recommend updating to the latest version 21H2, build 19044) and then try to install the driver. (try first the one from Gigabyte's website: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-H-rev-13/support#support-dl-driver-vga )

PS: I'm very intrigued on why you're still running such as old version of windows... or if this is a fresh install, why did you install using such as old OS image...

Megan

0 Kudos
kalenen
Beginner
hey thanks for the answer. it was a fresh install from USB a friend had. even after updating it all to the latest it wouldn't work and I just said fk it installed the new gpu that now had arrived and installed those gpu drivers..it seems to run fine with the GeForce gpu and am no longer plugged into the motherboard gpu
0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

"even after updating it all to the latest it wouldn't work" ... not sure if it was that Windows only installed the latest regular updates and it hasn't had the chance to also do the "major updates"... In that scenario, I would have tried to create a new ISO image using the latest version from Microsoft website to do an "in-place upgrade" or fresh OS install... but since you are up and running with the new GPU, then you seem to be ok.

Take care

Megan♥

0 Kudos