Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

"Platform Unsupported" error on install XTU Utility 7.9.0.24, i7-77820HK

Caelyn
Beginner

Good day,

During install of the currently latest version of Intel XTU (7.9.0.24) I receive a platform unsupported error, while my CPU is shown as supported on the download page.

The error: error 0x80070643 attempted to install on an unsupported platform

I managed to install the application in the way described here: https://www.jas-team.net/2019/07/30/intel-xtu-attempted-to-install-on-an-unsupported-platform/

In short: I used the commandline with command: msiexec /i Intel_XtuInstaller.msi DISABLEPLATFORMCHECK=1

The utility starts, but shows the following message on the screen: <see attached screenshot>

Also attached: intel SSU detailed view (SSU.txt)

This issue also came up with the previous (7.8) release. 7.7 was the last one that worked. How can I get this working?

Kind Regards,

Caelyn

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Caelyn,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I appreciate all the information provided. I am going to work on the case. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Caelyn,

Please be aware that your processor is not supported by Intel® XTU. The list has been updated with the following supported processors:

• SkylakeX,

• Coffeelake

• CascadeLakeX

• CometLake

• RocketLake

• TigerLake

• AlderLake

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/29183/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html?wapkw=xtu

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
minesoviet
Beginner

Hello, i'm new on here, i have a question, does the processor Core i7-2600 work on Intel XTU?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@minesovietXTU only supports X and K processors.   And, you i7-2600 is neither, and is long discontinued and unsupported.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
minesoviet
Beginner

Hello, thanks for the answer, i understood why my processor it's discontinued, can you tell me any intel processor that are powerful, budget price, and supports Intel XTU?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Caelyn
Beginner

Hi Steven,

I was, however it wasn't entirely the answer I hoped for. I do have a follow up question:

As I had uninstalled the last working version for my CPU, I am now without intel XTU... Only the most recent version is available on the download page.

Would you perhaps have a link to the 7.7 version so that I can install and use that one 'till it's time to replace my laptop? ^^

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, we do not have the 7.7 version available anymore. You may still get it from third-party websites, but please be aware that we do not recommend downloads from an unofficial website, we only provide this information for your convenience.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello Caelyn,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

0 Kudos