Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

settings after power crash

kaa
Beginner

After power crash the XTUsettings return back to the default values. The default settind of Processor core icc max is 160A which makes my computer unstable.

Solution would be to change the defaults or load a tuned profile with 100A value  at startup time. I cannot do any of this. Can you help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello kaa,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your   

In order to better assist you, please try the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

2. Just to confirm, you would like the steps to change the Processor core ICC max?

3. Were you using the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) to overclock the processor?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
kaa
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

Thanks for fast reply.

1. Processor is Intel Core i9-9900, motherboard b365m ds3h.

2. Yes, to change the core ICC max other way than graphical XTU.

3. No, all in defaults.

Regards 

Kaa

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello kaa, 

Thanks for the response. Based on your response I have noticed that your i9-9900 is not a supported processor for the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), bear in mind that the processors supported the world with the unlocked units "K" and "X").

The Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) may not work properly on unsupported processors, it could work or not work at all. We cannot advise on how to change the settings for this tool.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
kaa
Beginner

Hello,

Is there a replacement or workaround to former XTUcli.exe?

Regards

0 Kudos