Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

showing wrong results

pelo1
Novice

I have a EVGA RTX 3060 oc Gaming GPU with 12 GB of RAM and XTU is showing only 4 GB.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pelo1
Novice

Hi Steven,

I do appreciate your humour. You must have ancestors from England. «...all the other information SHOULD BE correct.», it just make it more obscure.

Best regards,

Denis Péloquin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello pelo1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following information:

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
pelo1
Novice

Hi,

Here is the sreen shot as asked. Have a good day.

Pelo1

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello pelo1,

Thank you for your response.

While I received the SSU report, it seems the screenshot of XTU showing the 4 GB of RAM instead of 12 GB was not attached.

Please provide the screenshot in order to continue researching this issue.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
pelo1
Novice

Hi Steven,

Here is the screen shot

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We are going to work on this case and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello pelo1,

Intel XTU is not designed to report/monitor third party hardware, i.e. information provided by the tool on Nvidia Graphics card may not be accurate.

We recommend you to use tools from Nvidia or EVGA to confirm proper graphics functionality.

As for Intel Integrated graphics (6th gen and newer), the VRAM will always be capped at 50% of total RAM capacity (e.g. if the system has 8GB of RAM, then the max VRAM for Intel Integrated graphics is going to be 4GB)

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
pelo1
Novice

Hi,

Good thinking. If you know that data is not accurate why showing it? It put a doubt about the rest of the data.

Have a good day.

Denis Péloquin

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We appreciate the feedback since that help us improve our tools in the future. I do want to clarify that all the other information should be correct.

I recommend you to keep checking the VRAM information from tools created by the graphics card manufacturer.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
pelo1
Novice

Hi Steven,

I do appreciate your humour. You must have ancestors from England. «...all the other information SHOULD BE correct.», it just make it more obscure.

Best regards,

Denis Péloquin

0 Kudos