Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14510 Discussions

something happened to the max clock on my cpu

Tarrymutiny
Beginner

I have an intel core i3 9th gen (i3-9100) cpu.
one day when i was changing my q fan settings in the BIOS, after turning the pc back on, the max clock of my cpu changed to 3.6 ghz.
Its base clock was 3.6ghz and max clock was 4.2 ghz before that.
now both base clock and max clock are 3.6ghz.
please help me to get the previous settings.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Tarrymutiny, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

When did you purchase the Intel® processor?

What is the model of the motherboard?

Did you build the computer?

Is this a new computer?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this issue besides changing the BIOS fan settings?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Tarrymutiny
Beginner

i had windows 11 but i reinstalled 10 because my pc wasoverheating and getting BSOD

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel has no control over the BIOS implementation that is provided by the motherboard manufacturers. For the support of BIOS-based processor configuration issues - which this is - you need to be contacting the motherboard manufacturer's support organization.

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello Tarrymutiny, Thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

In order to rule out a possible hardware problem with the Intel® processor, we recommend to install and run the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool, it does an overall test on the unit and if it passes the test it means that it is working properly and this issue about the max clock will be related to a different component in your computer or to the BIOS settings:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html?wapkw=ipdt

Based on the SSU report we can confirm that model of your motherboard is ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0. Just to let you know, everything in reference to the BIOS, including the disable/enable BIOS settings, to reset the BIOS to the default configuration and how to do a BIOS update is supported by the manufacturer of the board, so, if the processor passed the test, then the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with ASUS support to report this scenario, to verify if they have a fix for it, if the can replicate the issue using the same exact board that you are working with and for further assistance on this matter, since the issue seems to be related to the BIOS of the board:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos