Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

w7 - w10 passage - intel motherboard

Mike25
Beginner

Hi Guys,

I'd like to pass from windows 7 to windows 10.  My notebook works actually well but I don't know if it support all I need to switch to w10. Neither New updates for w7 nor for any software for this SO, are not going to be made. I can't afford another machine like this which has also an Expansion Slot for HDD (with my data in it).

My machine is a SAMSUNG NP RC730 S02IT . 8 Gb RAM, CPU 2.2 GHz, 500 Gb HDD, SO windows 7 64 bit, intel i7 2670QM

Did anyone of us make this operation?  How did he feel?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Mike25,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

Unfortunately, due to the Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM Processor is discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Where you will run into trouble will be with graphics.

• If you have the version of the laptop that has NVIDIA GeForce GT 540m graphics, you should be ok as driver support is available.
  • If you only have Intel processor graphics, then you are in trouble. Intel did not provide graphics drivers for Windows 10 for 2nd gen and earlier processors. There is an inbox driver in the Windows 10 installation images - and this driver works for teh most part - but it lacks support for many features (like multiple monitors) and its support for OpenGL, etc. graphics libraries is very outdated.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos