Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

what is Intel component 2.11.100.3

Jamesbtex
Beginner

This is a follow up. The previous thread was closed.

Here is the information you requested about this issue.

Sorry I was slow to respond to the request.

Attached is the output scan you requested.

Please tell me what Intel component 2.11.100.3 is part of windows update.

Do I need this update or not?

Regards,

James

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Jamesbtex

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please allow us to check this further and as soon as we have more details available we will be posting back in this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Jamesbtex

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further and regarding your concerns, we would like to inform you that this is an update for Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) (hardware ID: VEN_INT&DEV_0E0C).

Our Intel team checked the Windows* Update catalog and the information is consistent, meaning the update pop-up that you are receiving via Windows* Update is valid.

We have confirmed that the drivers are legitimate and their purpose is to keep Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) working properly. If you want to know more details about this driver and to check if you need to install it, our recommendation is to address these concerns to your computer manufacturer (OEM) for the most accurate assistance: MSI Service And Support*

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Jamesbtex

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos