Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14532 Discussions

when two hyperthreads are running on the same cpu, how the cpu schedules the instructions? any execution guarantee?

EZ2
Beginner

when two hyperthreads are running on the same cpu, how the cpu schedules the instructions?

any execution guarantee?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, eldad. Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than happy to assist you.

For our records, can you please confirm why you need this information? Are you trying to develop any type of software or it is just for knowledge?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, eldad.

I would like to know if you still need assistance. If so, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
EZ2
Beginner

Hi, I want to develop a program that runs along with another program on the same physical CPU (as two hyperthreads). I wonder how the CPU hyperthreading engine behaves if both programs are running and using the same CPU resource. It means that there is no idle time to utilize and the CPU has to choose one program to execute.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, eldad.

In this case, for us to assist you better, please create a support ticket with our https://software.intel.com/en-us/support Intel® Developers Zone team.

Antony S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos