Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14500 Discussions

whether the DIMM be retrained every time when I do CPU_reboot

JerryYang
Beginner

Background: The Skylake platform has two cpus and eight DIMMs. After the mass production devices have been running for a long time, the CPU system may fail to work due to the reboot or power-on and power-off of the entire device. The port80 message is 0x26 or 0x30.

Two points of doubt:1.DIMM parameter Settings are critical. If you restart the device, you need to train the DIMM again,but in sometime re-process, the training is not suitable and the system hangs 2.During the running of the device, the BIOS records the abnormal status. As a result, the device cannot get up during restart

My question: 1. whether the DIMM be retrained every time when I do CPU_reboot or power on and off the whole machine? 2. Is there any factor that causes the BIOS to be modified during device operation?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello JerryYang,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To continue with your request can you please provide the following information:

1. Please provide the exact model of the CPUs and DIMMs been used.
  2. When you say retrain/train the DIMM do you mean that you have to re-seat a DIMM or some of the DIMMs so the system can come back up?
  3. Is this server system an Intel® Data Center Block?
  4. Before the issue started did any changes related to hardware or software happened on the system?

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello JerryYang,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Regards,

Victor G. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello JerryYang, 

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored  

Regards,

Victor G.  

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos