Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

why XTU setting applied but not showing in HWmonotor?

RKush
Beginner

I undervolted my i7 8750h with XTU and saved the setting as Default but at startup, I can see that setting is applied in XTU but not reflected in HWmonitor and after reapplying it is getting actually applied. 

how to apply the XTU setting at startup.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I would ask the folks at https://www.cpuid.com/ regarding issues with hwmonitor, which is their product.

Doc

0 Kudos
RKush
Beginner

no, HWMonitor is correct, it is actually that XTU is not applying, when i try this with ThrottleStop it always work and it shows in HWMonitor every time.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

RKush, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Intel® XTU was developed mainly for Intel® Core™ X and K Processors/Unlocked processors. Although it is supported by other platforms, the results may vary and users may only use it for monitoring purposes.

In addition, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility displays various controls and provides access to features based on the system's motherboard and processor configurations. Not all processors provide real-time support for all controls. Motherboard manufacturers can restrict access to various controls that prevent the user from overclocking or optimizing those settings. In other words, the performance of this tool when running on mobile platforms may be limited by BIOS and power management features laptops usually implement.

The Intel® Core™ i7-8750H processor is not listed as supported by the application as you can confirm in the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-?product=66427

We recommend contacting the computer manufacturer just in case optimization tools for mobile systems are required

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos