Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14368 Discussions

why vtx is not aviable. this product use vtx

JLustig
Beginner

i dont know its not activated or the chip is fake or damage or its a hacker attack dismissd vtx?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor supports vt-x and vt-d.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/123613/intel-core-i9-7900x-x-series-processor-13-75m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

Rather than suspect the processor is fake or damaged, or some hacker is involved, all of which are extremely unlikely, look in your bios to see if virtualization is turned, or check with your motherboard manufacturer if they have disabled virtualization in their bios, or if their bios needs to be updated.

Also, if you are running as a vm, you will see in your photo that they appear to be turned off, when they are not.

Doc

0 Kudos
JLustig
Beginner

Thanks for fast Answer Al.Hill

I know that he have to do, but the problem is in the past 2 Years i have never activ anyway in bios Vt-d is activ or hyper v is activ. I chek again any possible settings but im not think its run. i give answer again any setting is active but vt-d is off.

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

The software is detecting fine the processor, model and features supported. This processor does not support "Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)", but it does support Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) and Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d). What may be happening is either these features are disabled in the BIOS and you need to check your BIOS manual and enable them or they have been disabled by the motherboard manufacturer as a matter of factory design. Also, check for BIOS update as per Al's advice.

0 Kudos