Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

x5690

Charleys
Novice

Many people are selling x5690's claiming they're new (bulk rapped) 

Is there a way to know the story of the processor by serial number?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Charleys,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

Processor markings let Intel Customer Support know if you are eligible for a warranty exchange. The serial number is required for warranty processing.

To better assist you, could you please explain what you mean by "the story of the processor"?

In addition, Intel recommends purchasing Intel® Processors from Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers. In this way, you can ensure you are purchasing a genuine Intel product.

When purchasing this product, it is also important to note that the technical support for Intel® Xeon® Processor X5690 is being discontinued; Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. 

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Charleys,

I hope you found the information provided helpful. 

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to update this thread.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello Charleys,

Since I have not heard back from you, I will proceed to close this thread.

Regards,

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Charleys
Novice

so sorry for my late response... I appreciate your time and expertise,

It's just that I was looking for the original boxes of my Intel Processor to have any required info

and I did find them!  How can I know if these two processors are genuine? 

what particular info do I need please. Thanks again! 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
Charleys
Novice

Thanks All but I haven't installed them yet. They are brand new. Everything looks legit. The boxes were sealed and all but I wanted to be sure. Of course I'm not expecting any warranty but at least I'd feel better knowing they are genuine. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Upload pictures of the boxes, including one of the seal.

...S

0 Kudos
Charleys
Novice
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, *I* don't see anything that would make me suspicious. Factory seal in place. No signs of the processor having been mounted. Of course, the scammers are getting more and more sophisticated and could avoid these obvious things.

What are the stickers placed over part of the Intel PC sticker?

...S

0 Kudos
Charleys
Novice

the stickers are like relabels from a store that sold them... 

I think I'm going to just open them and try them... cause the boxes look way too sophisticated to not being legit.   I can't believe intel doesn't have a link to plug s/n and batch #s and quickly show the story with these like manufacture time and area they've been sold and so forth.... they are matched pair... but they do have different s/n s  close though but different. Once they're in I guess I could check their behavior and then use the link Al gave me....   thanks so much... 

t

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, you can go here and check the warranty status: Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty.

As for checking out what is on the surface of the parts, you can use https://ark.intel.com to check out (by searching for) the sspec number.

...S

0 Kudos