Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

10GE support 1GE in the same time in S10 MX E tile

BQi
Beginner

1SM21BEU2F55E2VG,we use ipcore Intel Stratix® 10 FPGA E-Tile Hard IP to implement 10GE, we want to know the 10GE how to support 1GE in the same time ? we can not find the configuration of 1GE in the e tile hard ip.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

The reason you can't find 1G option in Etile Hard IP is due to it's not supported. Etile hard IP only support 10G, 25G and 100G Ethernet protocol as specified in user guide doc (page 8, table 3)

For Ethernet 1G support, you may want to consider Ltile/Htile IP like

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner
No We have found in document that intel has support 1GE in E tile now. How to implement TSE in E tile ? [cid:image001.jpg@01D611B3.CD62F100]
0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Let me clarify. There are 2 Ethernet IP.

Etile Ethernet hard IP only support 10G, 25G and 100G.

TSE is totally different Ethernet IP that just support 10M, 100M and 1G.

Just to be clear, user can't switch Ethernet speed between these 2 IP as there are different IP.

May I know why do you want to recommend customer to use TSE on Etile which is targeting high speed application like 25G to 56G ?

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner
Customer would like to implement 10GE/1GE auto switch, so we need implement the 10GE/1GE in same transceiver. You can find the detail in https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-portal/sep/global/en_us/products/watermark/Stratix_10_Agilex_Update_2020_March.pdf E tile is already support 1GE in this pdf page 44. But how to do it ?
0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the SEP doc page 44. So, it matched with my explanation earlier.

Etile has 2 types of Ethernet IP.

• Etile Ethernet hard IP : support 10G, 25G and 100G.
  • TSE IP : support 10M, 100M and 1G.
  • But user can't switch Ethernet speed between these 2 IP as there are different IP.
  • Etile doesn't support 1G/10G switching on one IP.

If your customer is interested with 1G/10G switching solution on the same transceiver channel, then may I suggest to use Ltile/Htile "1G/2.5G/5G/10G Multi-rate Ethernet PHY" IP ?

You can refer to more detail of Multirate PHY IP in below link

We also have 1G/10G switching reference design that pair with low latency 10G MAC IP.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner
How can we implement TSE soft core IP in E tile? You can solve this question firstly.
0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

You can refer to below TSE user guide to learn about general implementation of TSE soft IP while you can also search for "e-tile" keyword in the doc to search for explanation of the port connection to Etile NativePHY.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
BQi
Beginner
0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

welcome !

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Alright, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos