Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

16 bit Processor for MAXII

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Yeah I know it's a NIOS forum, but since NIOS doesnt support MAXII (or is that vice versa?) then here is a solution for those who are interested. 

This is a project and assembler for the Altera MAXII demo board. 

Regards, 

Steve.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

steveg - 

When I get an error when I attempt to unzip tiny16.zip. Is there a problem with this .zip file?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by bjskill@Dec 31 2004, 01:27 PM 

steveg - 

when i get an error when i attempt to unzip tiny16.zip.  is there a problem with this .zip file? 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=3633) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Hi steve, 

There is no problem with the zip file. I extracted and compiled the design. It&#39;s OK! 

I am amazed to see the fitter results--only 833 LEs. 

I will try to add it to my SOPC system as an avalon master component. It&#39;s ideal for my "hardware task sheduler" project.  

By the way, I have tried a 8051 core as an avalon master. It works well, but the LE usage is about 3000. 

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am working on a more efficient version - the base core is hopfully going to finish around 400LE ... I will post here as version two soon. I am working on a very basic Forth compiler for it also. 

Regards, 

Steve. 

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by riple+may 17 2006, 02:59 am--><div class='quotetop'>quote (riple @ may 17 2006, 02:59 am)</div> 

--- quote start ---  

<!--quotebegin-bjskill@Dec 31 2004, 01:27 PM 

steveg - 

when i get an error when i attempt to unzip tiny16.zip.  is there a problem with this .zip file? 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=3633) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Hi steve, 

There is no problem with the zip file. I extracted and compiled the design. It&#39;s OK! 

I am amazed to see the fitter results--only 833 LEs. 

I will try to add it to my SOPC system as an avalon master component. It&#39;s ideal for my "hardware task sheduler" project.  

By the way, I have tried a 8051 core as an avalon master. It works well, but the LE usage is about 3000. 

Thank you! 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=15423)</div> 

[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos