Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

5M1270ZT144I5N Sourcing

HVSDGCB
Beginner

Currently having difficulty sourcing the 5M1270ZT144I5N. Is this product just in high demand or is Intel planning on obsoleting this part/is it near its end of design life? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Unprecedented demand increases and supply constraints across the semiconductor industry have translated into tightness across the supply chain for PSG Products. We are working actively to prioritize Intel delivery and increase Intel's allocated capacity.

Please kindly contact our authorized distributor for order and further update on the supply.

Apologize for the inconveniences.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
HVSDGCB
Beginner

Thanks for the reply Aiman, 

I have reached out to some suppliers and have found that sourcing this part is still very difficult. My question is more about whether Intel is still supporting this chip? Will Intel continue to manufacture this chip? If yes, how much longer until its EOL? Any answers would be very helpful. I can also reach out to other distributors but I don't think they will have the information that I am looking for. 

Regards, 

GCB

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

5M1270ZT144I5N  is still active. The life cycle is depending on its order volume. 

You can subscribe to our customer notification mailing list at below link so that you can be notified when an Altera(now Intel) device is going to be discontinued.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd04252012_977.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos