Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20684 Discussions

5M40ZE64I5N programming

VenuBusani
Beginner

Hi everyone, 

In my earlier design we used the 5M40ZE64I5N. But now we want use either 5M80ZE64I5N or 5M160ZE64I5N since they are having same pin out but different in no.of logic elements and macro cells.

Is the program which done for 5M40ZE64I5N will work either 5M80ZE64I5N or 5M160ZE64I5N without any modification?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

The compiled binary program image is not directly usable; you will have to go in to your Quartus project, update the device type, and recompile for either the '80 or '160 device. Each device will need a device-specific compilation.

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

Base on Table 1-2 from link : https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-v/mv51001.pdf

5M40Z, 5M80Z, and 5M160Z for EQFP 64pin has pin-to-pin compatibility for device migration. 

Meaning you don't have to modify your existing design, what you need to do is to change the device part number in Quartus and has it compiled again for the new part number.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Farabi 

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos