cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

A++ compiler

hello, everyone. 

I am looking for the way to construct FPGA system in C/C++ language ( or some other software language anyway ).  

always I search google, I reach to Altera's page "Spectra-Q". 

the page says that Spectra-Q has High Level Synthesis called "A++ compiler". 

also the page says that A++ compiler generate FPGA IP-Core from C/C++. 

now I can not find information. 

how to install Spectra-Q. 

how to use A++. 

Spectra-Q is supposed to be attached in QuartusPrime 15.x or above. 

I installed QuartusPrime 16.1 Pro Edition.( not licensed ) 

I can't find those. 

can anybody help me?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I'm looking for the a++ compiler too. Even the init_hls.sh in the "16.1/hls" folder expect this a++ binary. I searched for it, but there is not such binary in the whole quartus installation.  

And there is no much documentation about it (Or I'm searching wrong). I found this link: https://www.altera.com/products/design-software/high-level-design/intel-hls-compiler/overview.html.  

I believe the a++ compiler is only available as beta version right now. 

Currently I try to evaluate HLS tools or let's say the possibilities doing High Level design. And I must say that the Vivado HLS looks very good (good tutorial, documentation and it works). I hope that Intel/Altera could do better. Maybe some people in this forum know more.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

hello guys ! any progress regarding HLS compiler ? I am looking for the same compiler....

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hey guys, while you are waiting for beta access you can try LegUp. LegUp is a high-level synthesis tool like Vivado HLS but we support Altera FPGAs. (Disclosure: I work on LegUp) 

You can download LegUp at: www.legupcomputing.com 

We also have some unique features like using parallel threads in software to express spatial hardware parallelism.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

Hey guys, while you are waiting for beta access you can try LegUp. LegUp is a high-level synthesis tool like Vivado HLS but we support Altera FPGAs. (Disclosure: I work on LegUp) 

You can download LegUp at: www.legupcomputing.com 

We also have some unique features like using parallel thread about it here (https://www.danielleaubert.com/phen24-review-results/) in software to express spatial hardware parallelism. 

--- Quote End ---  

Is legup any good guys?
MHest
Beginner

--- Quote Start --- Hey guys, while you are waiting for beta access you can try LegUp. LegUp is a high-level synthesis tool like Vivado HLS but we support Altera FPGAs. (Disclosure: I work on LegUp) You can download LegUp at: We also have some phenq reviews here https://theskinnyvibes.com/phenq-reviews-and-results/ phenq is unique features like using parallel thread about it here in software to express spatial hardware parallelism. --- Quote End --- 

Thanks for recommending LegUp. It serves my purpose and is quite easy as well,

JWhit13
Beginner

Hey guys, while you are waiting for beta access you can try LegUp. LegUp is a high-level synthesis tool like Vivado HLS but we support Altera FPGAs. (Disclosure: I work on LegUp)   You can download LegUp at: www.legupcomputing.com   We also have some unique features like using parallel threads in software to express spatial hardware parallelism.

I would like to vouch for Legup. It is a great piece of software.

MHous3
Beginner

Hey guys, while you are waiting for beta access you can try LegUp. LegUp is a high-level synthesis tool like Vivado HLS but we support Altera FPGAs. (Disclosure: I work on LegUp) You can download LegUp at: www.legupcomputing.com We also have some unique features like using parallel threads in software to express spatial hardware parallelism.   I would like to vouch for Legup. It is a great piece of software.

Never heard about Legup. Will give it a try and provide my review here.