Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

AN379 files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Regarding the ASMI controller, described in AN379: Does it support Cyclone III? If so, where can I download the ASMI_CONTROLLER Reference Design Files? 

Thanks, 

Eldad 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Regarding the ASMI controller, described in AN379: the ASMI_CONTROLLER Reference Design Files include a statement about an "asmi_block". What does this block is used to, because it does not appear anywhere in the rest of the reference design? Also, the epcs device ,which the AN379 is supposed to help me connect to, requires 4 signals: data in, data out, clock and cs. The reference design has ASDO, nCE, nOE and clk. How do they match to the above four signals, required by the epcs serial flash? 

I'll appreciate your help. 

Eldad
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

asmi_block is an Altera primitive, meaning it is a special silicon area inside the FPGA. 

You do not need to explicitly connect the design to the EPCS pins. Quartus does that automatically for you. 

I have the feeling that AN379 has been superseded by the ALTASMI_PARALLEL megafunction. But I am not sure. Maybe someone from Altera could shed a light on it.
0 Kudos