Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20768 Discussions

About Power sequence

Yamada1
Beginner

It would be helpful if you could teach us the following points about the power supply sequence of Arria10GX.

1) The guidelines state that the power should be turned on in the order of Group1 → Group2 → Group3, but is there any regulation for the time from the completion of Group1 startup to the start of Group2 startup?

2) Similarly, is there a rule for the time from the completion of Group2 start-up to the start of Group3 start-up?

3) If there are banks with different VCCIO voltages, should they start rising at the same time? Or is it optional and no problem?

4) From Group1 to Group3, are there any rules for the time from the first power up to the last power up? The tramp of each power supply is within standard.

I'm sorry to trouble you, but it would be helpful if you could teach me.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Yamada1,

For powering up, as stated in the user guide, you may follow the guideline of tRAMP stated in the datasheet.

Fakhrul_0-1686307770221.png

Additionally, all power rails must ramp up monotonically. The power-up sequence should meet either the standard or the fast Power On Reset (POR) delay time. The POR delay time depends on the POR delay setting you use. For the POR specifications of the Intel Arria 10 devices, refer to the POR Specifications section in the Intel Arria 10 Device Datasheet.

For your second question, it is generally recommended to ensure that these voltages start rising at the same time or follow a specified power-up sequencing. This synchronization helps maintain proper signal integrity, avoids potential issues related to voltage mismatches, and ensures reliable operation of the I/O circuitry.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Yamada1
Beginner

Thank you for answering.

As for "For your second question,...", is this the answer to question 3)?

Sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Yamada1,

My apologies, I have overlooked your last comment. Yes, the answer was for the 3rd question.

0 Kudos
Yamada1
Beginner

Thank you for answering.

Looking at the contents of "For your second question,...", it seems that it shows the relationship between the FPGA and the device connected to the power supply, but is that understanding correct?

Assuming that the above understanding is correct, if there are banks from A to F, and if only bank F has a different power supply voltage, VCCIO should rise at the same time as the device connected to each bank or at a specified timing. Is it correct to understand that the rising start of A to E and bank F may be different? (This is after observing the sequence Group1 → Group2 → Group3)

I apologize for the details, but it would be helpful if you could teach me.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi Yamada1,

Sorry for the late response. Regardless of which bank the power rail is located in, they should follow the guidelines as stated in the user guide.

Fakhrul_0-1687488885201.png

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Yamada1
Beginner

Thank you for answering.

I'm sorry that I didn't convey the intention of the question well.

It would be helpful if you could teach us about the following points after complying with the order of power supply rising in Group1 → Group2 → Group3.

・As long as the power supplies of Group1 and Group2 have risen first, we recognize that the order of Vccpgm, Vccio, and Vccio_hps may be arbitrary. If so, does it mean that the Vccio of each bank can be turned on in any order as long as the power supply of Group1 and Group2 is turned on first? (power supply for devices connected to each bank) at the same time or in the specified order)

I'm sorry to trouble you, but it would be helpful if you could teach me.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that we provided.

This thread will be transitioned to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos