Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Adding system Verilog header files in qsf

SK_VA
Beginner

Hi,

I have many vh and svh header files in the design. When I load the design in quartus 14.0 , even though I add the vh and svh files in the qsf, compilation throws error saying "can't open Verilog Design File "*.vh"

I tried adding the search_path for the folder location where I have all the header files. But that did not solve the issue.

Please let me know how to add header files .vh and .svh in design in quartus lite version.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Use the `include directive to include all your header files within the module body.

When synthesizing header files in the Quartus Prime software, do not add the header file to the list of files in the Quartus Prime project.

or

We can include the Verilog macro files into the file list.

0 Kudos
SK_VA
Beginner

Hi ,

I have added the header files in the design files with include directive in module body.

Whether I add the header files (.vh and .svh) to the list of files or not, I get the error "can't open verilog design file "*.vh"

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Can you attached an example files so that I can look into the error. You do not need to build the full design. Just a simple design will do.

0 Kudos
SK_VA
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks.

I could solve this issue by adding a search path for the directory containing the header files in the qsf.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

It's good to hear that

0 Kudos