Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Altera EP4CE40F23C8N

clman
Beginner

Hello,

The parts PN# is EP4CE40F23C8N and COO is Taiwan. 

Is it condition okay if the parts with chipped on PCB?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you purchase the device from our authorized distributor?

You may find the authorized distributor list from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/buy.html

For your information, Intel PSG perform 100% Scan prior to shipment, so it's unlikely that the device will have been shipped in a bad condition. There is a high possibility that it was damaged in transit or shipping or improper storage. We have ball scan and visual test. Plus, we have drop test proved packing. The purpose of production testing during manufacturing is to screen out bad units. Intel PSG Reliability Report had stated clearly that Intel PSG performs comprehensive testing and manufacturing controls on all its products. 

We could guarantee devices leave factory door in good condition. Once shipment leaves factory, we are no longer liable as it subjects to forwarder’s handling, distributor’s handling and customer’s handling.

I would suggest you to contact your distributor for this issue.

Regards,

Aiman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

What do you mean by the parts with chipped on PCB?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
clman
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

The edge of the parts have chipped. Is it normal?

Please see the attached photo. Thanks

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you purchase the device from our authorized distributor?

You may find the authorized distributor list from the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/buy.html

For your information, Intel PSG perform 100% Scan prior to shipment, so it's unlikely that the device will have been shipped in a bad condition. There is a high possibility that it was damaged in transit or shipping or improper storage. We have ball scan and visual test. Plus, we have drop test proved packing. The purpose of production testing during manufacturing is to screen out bad units. Intel PSG Reliability Report had stated clearly that Intel PSG performs comprehensive testing and manufacturing controls on all its products. 

We could guarantee devices leave factory door in good condition. Once shipment leaves factory, we are no longer liable as it subjects to forwarder’s handling, distributor’s handling and customer’s handling.

I would suggest you to contact your distributor for this issue.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
clman
Beginner
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos