Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20678 Discussions

Altera VIP core Video Flickring Issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Im using Altera VIP cores in my project. Everything is working fine but Output Video has minor flickering (shaking movement). Im suspecting it as De-interlacer algorithm problem. We are using De-interlacer IP with Bob-scanline duplication method. If we use De-interlacer-II with motion adaptive algorithm , this problem may solve. 

Can you please confirm me whatever im suspecting is proper or if its not, can you telll me the root cause for this?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem, I dont use the De-interlacer, I think is related to frame buffer or alpha mixer

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Whether you have solved that problem?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you using the frame buffer?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes. For buffering im using SDRAM MT48LC4M32B2.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

"flickering" can originate with the frame buffer component when it is either not connected correctly, or is connected correctly but there is insufficient bandwidth to the memory to handle the video. 

It's the first thing I would look at. 

My suggestion is to put SignalTap on all the frame buffer ports (din/dout, reader/writer masters) and rule it out. On the master ports, you're looking for nice long continuous bursts (as long as the burst length you have programmed). On din/dout, it depends on your system, but in general you're looking for deassertions of the 'ready' and/or 'valid' signals.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Problem solved, in my case, I have expanded the frame buffer avalon master width,read burst width and write burst width from 32bits to 64 bits

0 Kudos