Beginner

Hello,

We are using following parts.

DPN Description Source MPN Source MFR Supplier Package
MCKT,DGTL,ASIC;FPGA,UNALTERED 5AGXMA3D4F27I3G ALTERA CORP FC-FBGA
MCKT,DGTL,ASIC;FPGA,780PINS 10AX022E3F29I2LG ALTERA CORP FC-FBGA
MCKT,DGTL,ASIC;FPGA,1152PINS 10AX115H1F34I1SG ALTERA CORP FC-FBGA

We have some concern about 

Some BGA packages are not hermetically sealed, and exposure to cleaning solvents or excessive moisture during board assembly can pose serious package reliability concerns. Small vents are placed by design between the heatspreader (lid) and the organic substrate to allow for outgassing and moisture evaporation.

So we like to know if all the above parts packages are Vented or not vented. So we can take extra care to prevent the damages.

Please let me know.

Thank you so much for your time and support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Mukesh Tataria,

Thank you for your reply. After I did some discussion back with Ali, the person you contacted earlier, it is confirm that 5AGXMA3D4F27I3G is not a lidless package hence it is a vented package.

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the wrong information you received from me. Thanks for checking back to us.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Tataria

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have some inquiries regarding Intel® Arria® FPGA products. We have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the Programmable Devices Forum so it can get answered more quickly.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Tataria,

5AGXMA3D4F27I3G is Arria-V device and it is a G part, thus it does not have lid. The die is exposed without any lid so can said that the question on air-vent is not applicable here.

On the other hand, 10AX022E3F29I2LG and 10AX115H1F34I1SG are both from the Arria 10 Device family so they are come with the heat spreaders (lids) and the air vent is available in this case.

You can refer to the Package Device Information for the Arria V devices through this link, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/devices/package.html?family=Arria_V

For the Arria 10 devices, you can refer through this link, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/devices/package.html?family=Arria_10

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Tataria
Beginner

Hello AqidAyman,

I am really sorry for not responding your answer. 

But I am getting conflicting information about 5AGXMA3D4F27I3G is Arria-V device and it is a G part.

Some one from Intel (Kozak, Ali <ali.kozak@intel.com>) sent the e-mail that this part is Vented. And your response was Not-Vented. 

So I was digging in to this information.

One document I found it says " All lidless flip chip and wire bond packages are non-vented package. All other flip chip packages are vented package."

So my confusion is which category this parts fall into?

Please advise.

Thank you so much for keep supporting us.

Mukesh Tataria

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Mukesh Tataria,

Thank you for your reply. After I did some discussion back with Ali, the person you contacted earlier, it is confirm that 5AGXMA3D4F27I3G is not a lidless package hence it is a vented package.

I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the wrong information you received from me. Thanks for checking back to us.

0 Kudos
Tataria
Beginner

Thank you so much for your help and support

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

0 Kudos