Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Any chance to get early access to the OpenCL SDK and hardware?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm the main author of ViennaCL, a C++ library with a full-fledged OpenCL compute layer for dense and sparse linear algebra. I'll refrain from posting a link here in order not to be considered as spam, but you can easily find the library webpage on sourceforge or via your favorite search engine. 

Now as Altera has announced support for OpenCL, we tried to get one of the supported boards, but it seems like this is only available to members of an early access program. So, is there anything we can do to become members of the early access program and make ViennaCL provide good support/performance for Altera devices? 

Best regards, 

Karl Rupp 

PS: Please apologize if this is the wrong subforum for this question.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think you should contact directly Altera for this. On this forum you'll find more Altera users than employees (and probably not the employees that could enrol you to the program anyway ;) )

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your answer, Daixiwen. I couldn't find a better match than the forum on the 'Contact Us' webpage, but I'll try one of the email addresses then. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you have an Altera FAE, they would be a good person to contact. Alternatively one of the options in the MySupport Support Request may guide you to the right contact.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks everybody,  

Just for reference: I was advised by the program manager to contact the local Altera office, they handle such requests.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Could you get access to it? When we tried to get access to OpenCL program what we got as an answer was that Altera does not provide OpenCL early access to academic institutions. 

Thanks
0 Kudos