Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20637 Discussions

Are VCCA pins connected internally on dual supply MAX10

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We are using a 10M04DAF256C8G MAX10 and have a board layout issue we are trying to recover from without scrapping a bunch of assembled boards. There are some (not so pretty) options for reworking but most involve removing the MAX10, cutting traces, and replacing the MAX 10... which is likely to create other problems. 

We can prevent having to remove and replace the MAX10 *if*, by a stroke of luck, the VCCA pins are not internally connected, at least E12 and L5. I have searched and cannot find this information. 

Does anyone know or can point me to some documentation that has this information? 

Many thanks 

Al
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Altera don't publish such information - you could consider asking them for it. However, I suspect they'll just point you at the datasheet and, effectively, say that if the datasheet states they're VCCA pins, then they're connected. 

You could try a continuity test on a device that's not soldered down. Buzz out between E12 (and L5) and other VCCA pins. I suspect you'll be disappointed and find they're all connected... 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Altera don't publish such information - you could consider asking them for it. However, I suspect they'll just point you at the datasheet and, effectively, say that if the datasheet states they're VCCA pins, then they're connected. 

You could try a continuity test on a device that's not soldered down. Buzz out between E12 (and L5) and other VCCA pins. I suspect you'll be disappointed and find they're all connected... 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks.. I planned to continuity test when I pulled a part off a board.. don't have any loose ones at the moment. I know this is a long shot but something to check in case one is lucky.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

EDIT: This is wrong: 

--- Quote Start ---  

None of the VCCA pins are tied together internally.  

--- Quote End ---  

The VCCA pins ARE connected together internally. Evidently when I first measured the lines had opened due to overstress of the MAX10. The test was repeated with a fresh MAX10 and the pins are clearly connected. The VCC_PLL pins are not tied together as previously stated. 

Sorry for the confusion
0 Kudos