Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

Arria-II Quartus-II FFT IP license

ericmtzr
New Contributor I

I need to rebuild an old project and reverify the source before upgrading the current Arria-II (EP2AGX125DF25I5) to one of the newer families.

The project was last built on Quartus-II 10.1. We have now (mostly) successfully built it on 13.1 (the oldest available from intel.com) and 21.1 (the latest version). 

The web-based tool doesn't support the device so we've been using the 30-day eval license on the standard edition of each (13.1 and 21.1). Two issues we have are IP licensing and bit file generation.

Its pretty clear we need to buy a license to generate a bit file, but whats less clear is IP licensing. The attached file shows what Altera IP the design is using. All of this appears OK with the exception of the FFT - both versions say the license is eval only and the synthesis/fit is building in a 1-hour "time bomb".

The questions ...

1. If we buy the license for Quartus Prime Standard Edition ...
    1.  will the FFT IP be licensed for version 21.1?
    2. ... will the license allow older versions (eg 13.1) to run as licensed and also license the FFT IP?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. Yes, your understanding is correct. Full licenses for the entire Intel FPGA IP Base Suite( include FFT) come free with purchase of a license for the Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition or Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition software. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. Yes, your understanding is correct. Full licenses for the entire Intel FPGA IP Base Suite( include FFT) come free with purchase of a license for the Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition or Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition software. 

AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and It is not recommended to keep a Case idle too long without activities. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos