Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20684 Discussions

Arria JESD spanning 2 Transceiver Banks

David32
New Contributor I

I must connect a number of quad ADC devices with either 2, 3, or 4 JESD to the FPGA.

The number of lanes in the interface will affect the effective bits in the conversion (either 8 or 9) and of course the lane bit rate.

Since a bank in the FPGA consists of 6 transceiver channels, I would like to know what limitations exist such as:

1. Using 3 2-lane JESD interfaces in a single bank, is it possible?

2. Using JESD 4-lane interfaces, however, this would sometimes mean using 2 channels from one bank and 2 channels from the other (is it possible)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
skbeh
Employee

Hi David

Please see the inline reply below:

2. Using JESD 4-lane interfaces, however, this would sometimes mean using 2 channels from one bank and 2 channels from the other (is it possible)?

>> Both cases mentioned above are possible.

The link below has a JESD204B example design for Arria 10 with two x8 Lanes JESD204B (Duplex) IP Cores that could be useful for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design-example/715135/arria-10-two-x8-lanes-jesd204b-duplex-ip-cores-multi-device-synchronization-reference-design-using-nios-ii-processor.html

Regards

Soon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
skbeh
Employee

Hi David

Please see the inline reply below:

>> Both cases mentioned above are possible.

The link below has a JESD204B example design for Arria 10 with two x8 Lanes JESD204B (Duplex) IP Cores that could be useful for your reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design-example/715135/arria-10-two-x8-lanes-jesd204b-duplex-ip-cores-multi-device-synchronization-reference-design-using-nios-ii-processor.html

Regards

Soon

David32
New Contributor I

Thanks for your reply

0 Kudos