Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

Arria10 FPGA SERDES common mode voltage

malayali
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using Arria10 GPGA 10AX057N2F40E2SG part number. Could you pl tell me what is the common-mode voltage for the SERDES/High speed channel? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Intel FPGA Community. According to Intel® Arria® 10 Device Datasheet, this device have different common mode voltage for different I/O Standards available.

For LVDS, the input common mode voltage (Vicm) is maximum at 1.6V and 1.85V. You can refer to Table 18 and Table 19 to see the Vicm and Vocm values for other I/O standards.

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
malayali
Beginner
0 Kudos
malayali
Beginner

hello Team,

I am using Arria 10 FPGA my design. My application is USB (Host and device) and DP (Source and sink). I am using the Transceiver bank for the USB and DP interface and I have a few queries in it.

1. When FPGA is in DP Sink or USB Device [Receiver] mode will there be any common-mode voltage or bias voltage to the Multiplexer IC [TMUXHS4412] from the FPGA.

I'm muxing the USB and DP Signals via these mux to the USB - C Connector. Please find the attached block diagram.

2. What is the common-mode voltage of the transceiver bank in Source and Sink USB or DP IP?

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
AVolo2
Novice

@malayali Which OS/ kernel are you using with the device?

@AqidAyman_Intel I am trying to find which exactly OS to install so that intel dev stack setup.sh script could be used

0 Kudos