Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

Arria10 TSE w/ option "1000Base-X PCS/PMA" is accessible from CPU MDIO Bus ?

JET60200
New Contributor I

Hello TSE expert,

We use Arria10 TSE  w/ "1000Base-X PCS w/ PMA" variation. the TSE exports  MDC/MDIO/MD_EN  line.  

My ques :  I understand if TSE connect to an external PHY device, then connect these TSE MDIO pin to the external PHY device mdio i/f,  so Host Driver(Linux) can access to probe PHY device registers by using MDIO interace.  

Now in our design, we initiatiate TSE IP  with embedded PCS/PMA <-to-> external SFP,  does the embedded PCS module has the MDIO interface , thus  for Host Driver is able to probe it, to make the mdio operation work as expert from CPU ethernet framework view ? 

If yes,  what'is the procedure to config TSE PCS config to make its MDIO working ?  Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

Hi,

There is no embedded PCS MDIO. What you can access is the PCS configuration registers space via the control port.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos