Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

ArriaV GZ FPGA power up issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am using ArriaV 5AGZME1EH29 in my design for which I'm following the same values of supply to the power pins as recommended in pin configuration guide.I have uploaded the schematics of the same. 

My FPGA doesnt power up and taking over current as a result supply is going down. 

We have tested all the FPGA supply pins one by one and narrowed in on VCC- 0.85V and VCCIO,VCCPD,VCCBAT- 3.0V pin groups which are taking over current. 

But can u please suggest the reason why my FPGA is taking over current? 

Does this have anything to do with RREF,REFCLK,RZQ pins?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

why vcc is 0.85v? it should be 1.1 or 1.15v. 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/dp/arria-v/pcg-01013.pdf 

please check the pin connnection guideline. 

it may not reach por trip level to power on reset.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ryoichi - The OP is using a GZ device, so VCC = 0.85V is correct. 

srujank - This does not sound good. My first guess would be either an assembly problem or a design problem. You'll have to attack this methodically to figure out what's going on. You may end up having to remove the FPGA from the board to isolate the problem. Before you do that I would do another painstaking review of your schematic symbol and PCB footprint for the FPGA and make 100% sure there are no problems.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

resfton is right. VCC = 0.85V for GZ device. sorry. 

srujank - I also suggest review schematic and PCB. check the register value between all power and groud. and check the bad connection such as output pins connect each other. It is possible FPGA is already broken by bad connection.
0 Kudos