Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

CONF_DONE remains high during reconfiguration (Arria 10)

mfransson
Beginner

We're experiencing an issue with Arria 10 where we can't reconfigure the device without power cycling. We're using passive serial single-device configuration and initial configuration always works.

However, on a configured device, when we pulse nCONFIG, nSTATUS goes low but CONF_DONE remains high. Also, nSTATUS is never released. The device is still operational (i.e. the old configuration is still there).

Looking at the state machine diagram at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/sss1412661044400.html I don't see what we're missing. Pulling nCONFIG low should reset the state machine and both nCONFIG and CONF_DONE should go low. The nCONFIG pulse is longer than the 2 us specified in the A10 datasheet (tCFG).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mfransson
Beginner

We solved it. It turned out that we had chosen DCLK as the clock source for device initialization. Changing this (in our case to CLKUSR) solved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Does Quartus shows any error code/message? Please provide the screenshot.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
mfransson
Beginner

We solved it. It turned out that we had chosen DCLK as the clock source for device initialization. Changing this (in our case to CLKUSR) solved the issue.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the solution with Intel community.

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos