Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Can Arria 10's FMC single-ended signals be more than 2.0 V?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm wondering if I can get more than 2.0V single-ended signals out of the FMC connector on the Arria 10 SOC, which using the 10AS066N3F40E2SG. 

All FMC pins on this board are connected to banks 3F and 3A and the figure 77 of the "Arria 10 General Purpose I/Os Handbook" (attached below) said these banks are LVDS I/O banks, which support 1.8V single-ended signals. So my assumption is the maximum single-ended voltage signal I can get is 1.8V. If that is the case is there any way to get more than 2.0V signal out of the FMC? 

Thanks 

Arria 10 General Purpose I/O Handbook: https://www.altera.com/en_us/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-10/a10_handbook.pdf
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Without modifying your development board? No. J42 allows you to set the I/O voltage for that bank, but only as high at 1.8V. 

If you wanted a higher voltage in that I/O bank you' have to modify the board. That's fine as far as the Arria device is concerned - 3.0V maximum. It also feeds the MAX V, for which 3V is also fine. You'll need to check what other devices that rail feeds. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Alex, 

Do you mean software or hardware modifications? Is there anywhere in the user manual shows how to do this?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A hardware modification. 

Nothing in the manual will tell you how to. You'll have to refer to the schematic. All you need to do is change one of the resistors associated with a particular jumper position on J42. You'll have to calculate the value. Max voltage you should expect will be ~2.5-2.9V. 

Note: once you've modified your board Intel won't support you if something goes wrong. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos