Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Can I create a 32768*64 Dual-Port RAM with Logic Cells in Arria10 SoC?

SYiwe
Novice

Hi,

I try to create a Dual-Port RAM in Arria10 with Logic Cell(LC), the depth of RAM is 32768 and the width of RAM is 64.

After "Analysis & Elaboration", the following errors appear:

Error (287078): Assertion error: Current device family (Arria 10) does not support more than 2048 memory words unless the USE_EAB parameter is not turned off

Error (12152): Can't elaborate user hierarchy "test_top:u_test_top|fft_sink:u_fft_sink|RAM_32K_64_LC_2PORT:RAM0_32K_64_LC_2PORT|RAM_32K_64_LC_2PORT_ram_2port_181_jdrgbli:ram_2port_0|altdpram:altdpram_component"

I already set "RAM Block type" to "LCs", and I believe the USE_EAB is on, that means not turned off, but I still can not generate a RAM more than 2048 words.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, regards.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichardTanSY_Intel

I was able to duplicate the error and by setting the "RAM Block type" to Auto, it will pass the compilation.

Select the 'Auto' for the "RAM Block type" allows the software to automatically select the appropriate embedded memory resource. When you set the memory block type to Auto, the compiler favors larger block types that can support the memory capacity you require in a single embedded memory block.

Reference: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_ram_rom.pdf#page=8

0 Kudos