Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Can an E-tile PAM4 transceiver PAM4 operate at a non-standard data rate like 20.48 Gbps or 10.24 Gbp

Twincreeks
Beginner

I hope to use an Intel Stratix 10 TX Transceiver Signal Integrity Development Kit (U30/U78 QSFPDD or J15/J17 MXP connector) as a PAM4 receiver, but my transmitter operates at 20.48 Gbps or 10.24 Gbps. Can an E-tile PAM4 transceiver PAM4 operate at a non-standard data rate like 20.48 Gbps or 10.24 Gbps? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the E-Tile PAM4 data rate. For your information, as I did a quick check with E-Tile Native PHY in Q19.4Pro (available in my local PC), I am able to configure your targeted data rates without any error during the rule check by Native PHY GUI.

It is recommended for you to cross with the E-Tile Native PHY in your Quartus and also run through Fitter compilation to verify.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the E-Tile PAM4 data rate. For your information, as I did a quick check with E-Tile Native PHY in Q19.4Pro (available in my local PC), I am able to configure your targeted data rates without any error during the rule check by Native PHY GUI.

It is recommended for you to cross with the E-Tile Native PHY in your Quartus and also run through Fitter compilation to verify.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos