Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Can't configure device. Expected JTAG ID code 0x02E660DD for device 1, but found JTAG ID code 0x020A

APPU_appu
New Contributor I

Hii @JohnT_Intel 

@Altera_Forum 

@Scott 

@gusemery 

Arria A10 board = 10AX115S2F45I1SG

Error(209015): Can't configure device. Expected JTAG ID code 0x02E660DD for device 1, but found JTAG ID code 0x020A40DD. Make sure the location of the target device on the circuit board matches the device's location in the device chain in the Chain Description File (.cdf).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I suspect that you have 2 device on your JTAG chain where you accidentally loading Arria 10 bitstream into Max V device.

The reason is JTAG ID 0x020A40DD is 5M1270Z device. Could you try to performed Auto-detect to see if the JTAG chain match on the programming chain you are using?

0 Kudos
APPU_appu
New Contributor I

Hi @JohnT_Intel 

yes I gave auto detect but i am not able to find the jtag chain.

Can you tell me for loading .jic, what is the MSEL switch position and for loading .sof what is the MSEL

switch position.

Thanks 

Ashwi

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know what do you mean by cannot find the JTAG chain? Does it mean that JTAG chain is broken?

For the MSEL, you will need to switch it to Active Serial (MSEL[2..0] - 010 or 011) in order to program jic file. Please refer to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-10/a10_handbook.pdf Table 95

0 Kudos