Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Can't recognize silicone ID on EPCS64

OTser
Beginner

I am using Dallas Logic's CMC1003 module http://dallaslogic.com/prod_cmc1003/ and it has stopped accepting data through the ASMI port, instead returning the titular error. The module somehow still works fine with its current configuration - the FPGA gets programmed from the flash, it responds to usb, etc. It can be programmed through JTAG, but I need the flash for it to actually be useful. All fuses on the board are intact, no modifications (i.e. MSEL) have been made to the board since purchase.

DL's support email and site form are silent. I have spotted some solutions around the web to program the device through JTAG with the blank project, but doing so didn't help, the error was still there.

These tools are overall new to me so I have no idea where to look for more information on what exactly is going wrong, whether the whole thing is salvageable or dead.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Oleg,

Apologize that we are not familiar with Dallas's board and setup. But anyhow, we will still try to help as much as we could. When you said about stopped accepting data through the ASMI port. Does it work previously? If it is, probably you may debug by probing the ASMI port and see if signal is flowing through correctly or not. If not, that means the hardware is having problem.

Also, you may seek for their help to try to restore the board to default bitstream and setting. Hope it helps.

Thank You.

OTser
Beginner

Yes, it has been previously configured successfully.

I am not sure what tools to turn to for the debugging, can you please point me in some directions to start looking up resources? I am working with Quartus 13.1.4.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Perhaps you can try to use JTAG debugger and determine whether is there is any problem on the JTAG signal. If it so, that means the hardware part is having issue.

0 Kudos