Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Can this EP1C6Q240I6 industrial part can be directly used in place of EP1C6Q240C6Ncommercial grade ?

shamlal
Beginner

Dear Sir,

We were using this part EP1C6Q240C6N (IC,CYCLONE GATE ARRAY,PQFP240,SM,ROHS) commercial grade part in one of our medical equipment and now this part is Obsoleted.

We can see alternate part suggested is EP1C6Q240I6 (which is a Industrial grade part compared to existing commercial grade). Only deviation is the wider operating temperature range in the Industrial part w.r.t commercial part.

We just want to understand, can this above alternate suggested industrial part can be dirctly used in place of commercial grade part??
Is it recommended to use a bit file synthesized to a different grade device???
Will It leads to unexpected timing issues???.

Awaiting Your Reply….

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi shamlal,

As long as the speed grade is the same it shouldn't be an issue. You should not have problems targeting a slow device and then running it on a faster device unless a minimum timing path is faster than the design can tolerate. You may only experience timing problems if targeting the place-and-route to a fast device and then download to a slower device. You may check the following KDB which applicable to your concerns:

Are programming and configuration files compatible across speed grades?

Are there any differences in the DC and switching characteristics of industrial temperature devices ...

Regards,

Fakhrul

Fakhrul
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that we provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
shamlal
Beginner

Thanks, your quick response Fakhrul. I need one more clarification, can we use the same bin file to the industrial grade??

0 Kudos