Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

Cannot turn off verify in programer => take long time to programming to device. Quartus 18.0

photranvan
Beginner

Hi,

I'm a newbie in quartus. I've run into problems on my computer but not on my friend's computer. That's is programer on quartus takes 30 min to programming .pof file to the device. I've found that quartus always do verification on devices even though I've unchecked verify on programmer window (see picture below)? Please help me to disable verification on devices! Thanks in advance.

278849498_314431347439782_8995258388486438654_n.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

How big is the .pof file?  And do you normally (on your friend's computer where you say this is faster) select the individual flash memories in the device like you do here or click the program/configure checkbox next to the device itself?

0 Kudos
photranvan
Beginner

Thanks for  the quick reply!

I run into this problem with every .pof file, and there is no condition difference between my computer and my friends computer. 

One more thing this problem also occurs when I program project with only .pof file (Do not use flash memories like picture I've sent before).

0 Kudos
photranvan
Beginner

Do you have any suggestion? I am still take a long time to program .pof file to devices.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can try increasing the JTAG frequency from Hardware Setup -> Hardware Settings tab -> Hardware frequency field.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Any update on this?

Regards

0 Kudos
photranvan
Beginner
Nothing,
I still taker more than 20 minutes to program pof file to devices. 🥲🥲
0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The pof files are slow to program owning to the fact that it does multiple operations like erase, verify and program. If it is completing successfully, should not be a problem.

Regards

0 Kudos