Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Cheap substitute board for Stratix 10 AX RF Board?

Toros
Beginner

My end goal is to develop the design for Stratix 10 AX RF Board. This is an expensive board which I will get it later. In the meantime, Which board can I use to develope ARM/SOC embedded/FPGA interface including DMA? Later, When I get my "Stratix 10 AX RF Board". I would like to make minimal changes. RF front end is not important. I would like to use the same tool chain, same Quartus project, same DMA settings, same Interrupts. In short, I would like to design/developed on a cheaper board and transfer the majority of the code with minimal changes to the "Stratix 10 AX RF Board." Please recommend me a development board. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WZ2
Employee
0 Kudos
Toros
Beginner

Stratix AX is the FPGA with ADC/DAC and ARM processor. I am looking for a Intel FPGA with the same ARM architecture and low cost. For example Cyclone 5 has ARM architecture and has low cost Development board. But Cyclone 5 is a very old FPGA. The reference designs are using very old version of Intel Altera software. Stratix 10 AX is a new part and reference designs for this part are using relatively newer version. My end goal is to find a platform which I can run the same software versions and use the same ARM architecture like Stratix 10 AX ARM architecture. The boards given above are from Stratix 10 family but they are not from SOC family with ARM processor and They are High End expensive boards. You stopped production low cost FPGA with SOC after Cyclone 5. Is this true? Is Intel's only low cost FPGA with ARM architecture "ten" years old Cyclone 5 FPGA? Or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee
0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,

Is there any update?

0 Kudos
WZ2
Employee

Hi there,