Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Chip INTEL MAX 10

Noragami
Beginner

Hi , Everyone 

I'm building a custom-built FPGA board and purchasing a FPGA chip ( 10M08SAE144C8G ) to solder it on. And now I started the configuration program into FPGA by JTAG ( USB Blaster ) , but it shows an error message " Unable to scan device chain. Can't scan JTAG chain. Do you want to open the JTAG chain Debugger to troubleshoot the JTAG chain ? ". When i'm to open JTAG chain Debugger and click Test JTAG Chain  then show error message "JTAG chain problem detected " and " No device detected

The prototype I used to design the board was the MAX 10 FPGA Evaluation Board, which I personally designed. When trying the configuration program, the device does not show up like a prototype board. I wonder if Maybe there is a setting inside the chip to enable or not. If there is any way to enable the chip for me please.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Kindly refer to solution in the case link below as it has the same error as yours.

Let me know if you need further information.

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-SoC-And-CPLD-Boards-And/Unable-to-scan-device-chain-Cant-scan-JTAG-chain-EMERGENCY-HELP/td-p/265605

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos