Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Choose flash for Cyclone V, SIL 2 certified to IEC61508

Ole1977
Beginner

Hello, 

We are using a Cyclone V FPGA. This will be used to operate a motor in a SIL 2 application in accordance to IEC61508. 

The Build version of the Quartus Prime has to be 17.0.2 Build 602 according to the certificate received from Intel. 

Currently I use Active serial x4 programming logic to configure the FPGA.

Version 17.0 rules out the use of Flash EPCQ128A which I currently have in my design.

So which type of flash to use? And which configuration type to use? And most important, why so?

Sincerely Ole

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Per my understanding, you need to replace Flash EPCQ128A?If yes, you can use our 3rd party configuration device that is compatible with Cyclone V in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/support-centers/configuration-support.html#intel-config-devices

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Ole1977
Beginner

Hello, yes, correct, I will have to replace the EPCQ128A, since this was only supported by the Quartus version 17.1 and onwards. And We have to use the version 17.0.2 build 602. 

This third party configuration tool is very usefull. Thanks a million.

However, there is no link to the actual versjon of the Quartus requide for these types of flash. Could it be that these types of flash are already supported from the earliest version on the Quartus? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It is supported for current version of Quartus that is available.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos